Exchange Security Bypass Xposed Mode for Nexus 4/5/7 and other AOSP based devices (Android 4.3 / 4.4)
Update: This has now been tested to work successfully on all stock or nearly stock JellyBean (4.3) and KitKat (4.4) ROMs on Nexus 4 / Nexus 5 / Nexus 7. Other AOSP ROMs like CM11 should work as well.
This mod should be used along with Xposed ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 ). Xposed is this awesome framework developed by rovo89 which allows you to carry out mods to your device without changing any files (well except one “app_process” as part of the xposed installer). Moreover, once you install xposed, you don’t need root after that for any mods.
This mod will bypass the Email app from becoming device admin for your phone and prevent it from setting up any security restrictions on your device including pin/password/remote wipe, etc. There are a couple other such mods but they don’t work at all or don’t work for Nexus 4 and/or Android 4.3
Instructions for users
– Remove your existing email account from phone and reboot
– Install Xposed installer (from link above)
– Install this mod (Download apk from here )
– Enable the mod in xposed (Preferences for other devices/versions coming Soon)
– Add your email account again. This time, it will ask you that the email
might require security restrictions, say yes to it but it will never actually set the restrictions.
– Done. 🙂
Instructions for developers
– Read the xda link at the top of this readme and go through basics of xposed development
– Install xposed as an android sdk addon on your system
– Clone this git repo
– Import in Android Studio
– Make changes
– Build 🙂
– rovo89 from xda (for creating xposed)
– mpcjanssen from xda (for original mod)
Source code is at https://github.com/shantanugoel/ExchangeBypassXposed
Feel free to send me your queries or suggestions here or at my twitter: http://twitter.com/shantanugoel
Allow updation of policy keys properly on Exchange server’s request otherwise sync may hang
Fixing the fixes 🙂
Fixed random email app crashes
AOSP ROMs support. Removed some unnecessary logging.
KitKat support. Tested on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013
Initial version. Working for Nexus 4 Android 4.3